By now you should be building up the “emergency food” in your freezer. You should have around 10 extra servings of Bolognese Sauce, Mexican Chicken Soup and this week we are adding Turkey Chili. This is your healthy frozen food options going forward. Take some time every month and set yourself up for long term success. All these items are low carb, lower fat and high protein.
Healthy carbs are coming into your life this week. It is important to review with your trainer during this week. Utilize those carbs properly.
The food plan is set up for someone averaging around 150 pounds. If you are closer to 200 lbs you should add a ½ a serving, if you are hungry. We also have our family favorite as your extra snack option this week.
We are available for a private nutrition follow-up. Just schedule a meeting by texting my cell 781.249.6193
Stress management is key for long term success. Check out our blog post.
|Cheat night is an opportunity to satisfy your cravings. You need to establish a new relationship with food. Make sure that you don’t waste your burger or glass of wine. Savor something delicious.|
|Just make sure you get back on track and this is not your breakfast.|
Steel Cut Oats
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup almond milk unsweetened
- 1 tbsp coconut oil virgin
- 1 cup Bob’s Red Mill steel-cut oats
- 6 strawberries
- 1 banana
- In a large saucepan, combine the water and almond milk, and bring the mixture to a simmer over medium heat.
- In the meantime, melt the coconut oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add the oats and cook, stirring occasionally for about 2-3 minutes.
- Stir the oats into the simmering water/milk mixture. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer gently for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the mixture is very thick.
- Separate into three equal containers. Add two strawberries and split the banana equally into each container.
Grilled Scrod w/asparagus
- 8 oz scrod
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 1/2 lemon juice only
- 8 asparagus spears
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- black pepper to taste
- Place scrod on a piece of tinfoil and coat with ghee, the juice from half the lemon, and season with your favorite approved seasoning (no sugar) or just salt and pepper.
- Place the tinfoil with the fish on the grill over a medium-high flame and cook until the fish is flaky, flipping once (about 3 minutes per side).
- Brush 8 spears of asparagus with olive oil, salt, pepper, and the juice from the other lemon half.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes on the grill over high heat until it becomes your desired tenderness.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 green pepper de-seeded
- 1 red pepper de-seeded
- 1 yellow onion
- 1/4 cup fajita seasoning from Penzeys or similar version with no added sugar
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces and toss with Penzey's fajita seasoning
- Heat coconut oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook on all sides.
- While chicken is cooking, slice peppers and onion to the desired size and set aside.
- Once chicken is browned, add peppers and onion to the pan and continue cooking until peppers are soft and chicken is cooked through.
- Serve sizzlin'!