Steel Cut Oats
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp virgin coconut oil
- 1 cup Bob’s Red Mill steel cut oats
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 banana
- 3 tsp ground flax seed
- 3 tsp crushed walnuts
- In a large saucepan, combine the water and almond milk.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer over medium heat.
- In the meantime, melt the coconut oil in a small skillet over medium heat.
- Add the oats to the oiled pan and cook, stirring occasionally for about 2 minutes.
- Stir the oats into the simmering water/milk mixture. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer gently for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the mixture is very thick.
- Separate into three separate containers.
- Add 1/3 cup blueberries and split the banana equally into each container.
- Crush walnuts in a plastic baggie using a rolling pin and top each container with 1 tsp of walnuts and 1 tsp flaxseed.
Calories: 360kcal | Carbohydrates: 53g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 123mg | Potassium: 221mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 52IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 143mg | Iron: 3mg
Red Bean Burger
- 1 15 oz can of red kidney beans
- 1/4 tsp ginger diced
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp coconut butter
- 1/2 cup almond or tapioca flour
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Melt coconut butter in a medium saute pan and add sesame seeds.
- Stir over medium heat until butter is melted and seeds are fragrant (2-3 minutes).
- Add the can of kidney beans, increase heat to medium high, and cook until beans are soft. Use a pastry blender to mash beans into a paste consistency.
- Add ginger and sea salt.
- Remove from heat and roll into 8 small balls.
- Flatten and coat with almond or tapioca flour.
- Add coconut oil to still hot saute pan and pan sear burger for 1-2 minutes on each side until crispy.
You can add different seasonings depending on your taste. Experiment and have fun!
Calories: 152kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 147mg | Potassium: 11mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Calcium: 22mg | Iron: 1mg
Nut and Berry Cereal
- 1/3 C walnuts crushed
- 1 T hemp hearts/seeds
- 1 T flax seed
- 1 tsp shredded coconut
- 1/3 C blueberries
- 4 strawberries
- 4 oz almond milk
- Combine all ingredients and enjoy!
Calories: 393kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 33g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 165mg | Potassium: 381mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 40IU | Vitamin C: 34mg | Calcium: 211mg | Iron: 2mg
Sauteed Broccoli & Cashews
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp horseradish
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 frozen garlic squares or cloves minced if using cloves
- 1/8 cup coconut aminos
- 1/4 cup cashews crushed
- 20 heads chinese broccoli bok choy or yuk choy are nice alternatives
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes use less or more depending on how spicy you like your food
- Add apple cider vinegar to hot saute pan, and immediately add horseradish (ACV may slightly evaporate).
- Add avocado oil and garlic to pan.
- Once garlic becomes fragrant or golden brown on the edges, add coconut aminos and crushed cashews.
- Add in Chinese broccoli and cook until greens are tender (5-7 minutes).
- Season with red pepper flakes.
Calories: 188kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 409mg | Potassium: 143mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 74IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 14mg | Iron: 1mg
Chia Seed Pudding
- cookie sheet
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 2 cups unsweetened vanilla coconut milk
- 6 tbsp toasted coconut flakes
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup strawberries
- In a large bowl, whisk together the chia seeds and the coconut milk.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Sprinkle coconut flakes on a baking sheet and broil on medium-high for 1 minute or until golden brown (keep a close eye).
- In the morning, divide into 6 containers. Top each serving with 1 tbsp of toasted coconut and equal portions of the berries and enjoy!
Serving: 1g | Calories: 160kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Sodium: 5mg | Potassium: 152mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 13IU | Vitamin C: 17mg | Calcium: 128mg | Iron: 1mg
Three Bean Vegetarian Chili
- 15 oz can kidney beans
- 15 oz can cannelloni beans
- 15 oz can fava beans
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 5 cloves garlic diced if using cloves
- 1 T olive oil
- 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 15 oz can petitte diced tomatoes
- 3 T tomato paste
- ½ tsp hot sauce
- 2 red bell peppers de-seeded and chopped
- 2 green bell peppers de-seeded and chopped
- 2 jalapenos chopped
- 1 ½ tsp sea salt
- pinch black pepper
- 3 tsp chili powder This is spicy!
- 2 tsp oregano
- ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper This is hot!
- Drizzle olive oil in a large pot and saute onion, red and green peppers, and garlic until fragrant, about 3 minutes.
- Add all beans, and jalapeno peppers and cook 3-5 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and reduce heat to medium/low.
- Simmer for at least 45 minutes and up to 4 hours on low heat.
Calories: 417kcal | Carbohydrates: 78g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 2268mg | Potassium: 1783mg | Fiber: 24g | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin A: 3393IU | Vitamin C: 169mg | Calcium: 273mg | Iron: 10mg
- 3 cup turnip peeled and cubed
- 3 cup sweet potatoes peeled and cubed
- 1 red onion peeled and quartered
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh rosemary chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together thyme, rosemary, olive oil and pepper.
- Add veggies to bowl and toss so all veggies are well coated.
- Roast in oven for 45 minutes, covered.
- Salt to taste immediately out of the oven.
Check veggies every 15 minutes and flip veggies to roast on all sides.
Calories: 223kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 61mg | Potassium: 816mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 26307IU | Vitamin C: 73mg | Calcium: 96mg | Iron: 2mg
Red Lentils and Shredded Cabbage
- 2 cups red lentils you can use canned for convenience, but i prefer to use dried red lentils and soak 12-24 hours.
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 frozen garlic square or clove minced if using clove
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 head savoy cabbage you can use any cabbage, but I find that the red cabbage takes a bit longer to cook
- 1/2 tsp or 1/2 inch freshly grated turmeric root
- 1/4 inch ginger grated
- Over medium heat, drizzle avocado oil in a large wok or skillet.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant (2-3 minutes).
- Add mustard, stir, and then add red lentils.
- Add apple cider vinegar and cover with shredded cabbage.
- Toss together frequently, allowing the cabbage to fully cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Add the turmeric and ginger.
- Toss thoroughly and serve.
Calories: 132kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 86mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Iron: 1mg
Sauteed Edamame and Zoodles
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 16 oz pack of shelled edamame frozen
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1/2 lemon juice only
- 2 zucchini
- 1 basil square or 1 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 1 garlic square or 1 clove crushed
- Spiralize 1 medium zucchini.
- Heat olive oil in a medium pan and brown garlic and basil for about a minute.
- Add noodles to the pan and cook to your desired tenderness, then remove from pan.
- In same pan, add avocado oil and edamame.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Add seasonings and lemon juice.
- Serve over noodles.
Calories: 375kcal | Carbohydrates: 63g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 107mg | Potassium: 362mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 162IU | Vitamin C: 17mg | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 1mg
Avocado Egg Stacker
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 avocado
- 1 tomato
- balsamic vinegar
- dash salt and pepper
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and lower eggs in with a slotted spoon
- Boil eggs for 11 minutes, remove from heat and shock under cold water
- Peel and rinse
- Slice eggs. An egg slicer will offer beautiful and even egg slices, but if you don’t have one a regular kitchen knife will do just fine.
- Slice an avocado lengthwise and split in half. Peel off the casing and slice the avocado
- Slice a fresh tomato
- Create a stack, alternating egg. avocado and tomato slices.
- Drizzle with balsamic vinegar, and salt and pepper to taste.
Calories: 228kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 327mg | Sodium: 135mg | Potassium: 657mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1573IU | Vitamin C: 22mg | Calcium: 62mg | Iron: 2mg