Fresh Herb Scramble
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 C egg whites
- 1 1/2 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp parsley – chopped
- 1 tbsp chives – chopped
- 1 tbsp basil – chopped
- Put all ingredients in a bowl and whisk until smooth and combined.
- Heat butter in a small nonstick pan over medium-high heat.
- Add in egg mixture and cook until no visible liquid remains, gently pulling the egg mixture from the sides to the center of the pan the whole time.
Calories: 218kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 327mg | Sodium: 228mg | Potassium: 220mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 1048IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 49mg | Iron: 2mg
Caprese Frittata Cups
- 4 eggs
- 6 tbsp egg whites
- 1 C fresh basil – chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 10 grape tomatoes chopped
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Use a paper towel with olive oil to grease a muffin tin (you will use about six of the cups).
- Evenly distribute basil and tomatoes into the six greased cups (leave extra in case the egg mixture does not fit into your 6 oiled cups).
- Mix the remaining ingredients together in a pitcher and pour it into the oiled muffin cups. (If there is extra, oil more cups as needed and add basil and tomato
- Bake 10-12 minutes
Calories: 125kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 218mg | Sodium: 911mg | Potassium: 287mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 1211IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 53mg | Iron: 1mg
Almond Butter & Jelly Shake
- 8 oz unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 ⁄3 C raspberries
- 1 ⁄3 C hemp hearts
- Combine almond milk and hemp hearts in a blender and blend until smooth (about 30 seconds).
- Add remaining ingredients and blend for another 10 seconds.
- Grass Fed Butter – 1 T
- Scallion – 2
- Black Beans – soaked and rehydrated or canned 16 oz Cumin – 1⁄2 tsp
- Cayenne – 1⁄4 tsp
- Avocado – 1 medium chopped
- Tomato – 1 medium chopped
- Cilantro – 1 T finely chopped Sea Salt – 1 tsp
- In a medium sauté pan over medium heat, melt grass fed butter. Cut in 2 scallions and let cook for about 2 minutes. Add in black beans and cook for 5-7 minutes. Add cumin, cayenne pepper. While beans cook, mix avocado, tomato, cilantro and sea salt in a bowl large enough to hold the bean mixture, as well. Once beans are cooked, combine in bowl with avocado mix. Squeeze juice of one lime and top with cilantro. Serve over mixed greens tossed with Easiest Vinaigrette.
Chick Pea and Cucumber Lettuce Wraps
- 1 16 oz can chick peas
- 1 medium cucumber – diced
- 1 lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp tumeric
- 1/4 sea salt
- 1 head Boston bib lettuce –
- Place chick peas in a medium bowl. Add cucumber, lemon, ginger, cinnamon, turmeric, sea salt. Mix together thoroughly. Scoop 3 T of mixture into a Boston Bib Lettuce leaf -or similar. (If the leaves are small or your filling is falling out too readily, try using two layers of leaf to wrap.)
Roasted Nut and Broccoli
- 1/3 cup cashews
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 1/3 cup almonds
- 2 T GF Butter or coconut oil
- 2-3 cups broccoli crowns
- Mix cashews, walnuts and almonds and place in a greased baking dish or roaster. Bake in a 350-degree oven for 10-12 minutes or until fragrant and soft. Remove nut blend and using a potato masher, break up and smash nuts into chunks and crumbles. In a medium sauté pan over medium high heat, melt 2 T grass fed butter or coconut oil. Place broccoli crowns stem up in pan and let tops brown (about 2-3 minutes). Pour nut mix into sauté pan and toss together. Add in saffron Red Lentil and Scallions
Red Lentils and Scallion
- 1 cup Red Lentils soak dried beans 12-24 hours
- 1 T Avocado Oil
- 1 T Sesame Seeds
- 4 Scallions
- Over medium heat drizzle avocado oil in a large wok or skillet. Add sesame seeds and cook until fragrant (2-3 minutes). Pour in red lentils. Cook over low heat until red lentils brown and become “nutty”. Cut in 4 scallions.
- 1 head of cauliflower – chopped
- 1 head of broccoli – chopped
- 3 medium carrots – peeled and chopped
- 10 asparagus spears – chopped 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic – chopped
- 1 ⁄4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper 1⁄2 lemon – juice only
- Fill a pot with 1 inch of water and bring to a boil over medium heat. Place a steamer basket over water and fill with carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, and asparagus and steam for 6 minutes.
- While they steam, heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add in remaining ingredients and sauté for 1 minute.
- Once veggies are done, combine everything in a bowl and stir to coat.
- 1 C quinoa
- 1 1 ⁄2 C water
- 2 eggs
- 3 cloves garlic – chopped 3 green onions – chopped 3 1⁄2 tbsp coconut aminos 1 onion – chopped
- 1 carrot – chopped 1⁄2 C frozen peas
- 4 tsp ghee
- 11 ⁄2 tspsalt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Boil quinoa for 15 minutes covered on medium-low, fluff with fork and set aside.
- Heat 1 tsp of ghee in a large pan over medium-high heat.
- Add egg and scramble, remove to a plate when finished.
- Add another tsp of ghee to the pan and cook carrots, onions, peas, and garlic for about 5 minutes until they are soft.
- Bring heat to high and add 2 tsps of ghee to the pan.
- Add in cooked quinoa, green onions, and coconut aminos and stir. Continue to cook for about 3 minutes while stirring to brown the quinoa.
- Add the eggs in, stir, then remove from heat.
Hemp Hearts Salad
- 3 oz mixed greens
- 3 tbsp hemp hearts
- Easiest Vinaigrette Dressing – 2 T
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1 C vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp chopped chives
- Coarsely chop cauliflower.
- Add cauliflower and vegetable stock to a sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to low and simmer 15 minutes.
- Remove cauliflower with a slotted spoon and place in food processor.
- Add 2 tablespoons of the stock, garlic powder, olive oil, salt, and pepper to the food processor.
- Process until you achieve the texture you prefer (like mashed potatoe- you may need to add more stock depending on the size of your cauliflower head.
- Stir in chives and garnish with extra chives.
- Note – If you don’t have a food processor, a potato masher will also work.
Calories: 153kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1140mg | Potassium: 897mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 381IU | Vitamin C: 140mg | Calcium: 63mg | Iron: 1mg