Plant Based Diets allow us to include many phytonutrients found in plants while nuts, seeds and legumes help us increase healthy fatty acids and protein intake. A vegan plan excludes anything from an animal. We will add recipes during the program, but variety is not as important initially, as consistency when it comes to a healthy lifestyle. Lunch and dinner can be interchangeable. Serving sizes are planned for someone weighing around 150. Please add an extra serving to one meal if you weigh over 200.
Commit to 5 meals a day! Schedule those meals and set an alarm to eat.
Post Workout Smoothie
Vegan Post Workout Smoothie
- 1/2 banana frozen
- 1 C strawberries frozen
- 1 C almond milk
- 1 T almond butter
- 1 T hemp seed
- 1 T flax seed
- 3 iced cubes frozen 😉
- Blend all.
Sweet Potato Hash
Vegetarian Sweet Potato Breakfast Hash and Kale
- 1 large sweet potato peeled and diced
- 1 onion diced
- 1 T coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoons powdered ginger
- 2 teaspoons salt Himalayan or Celtic sea salt
- 1 C kale
- Heat the coconut oil in a skillet.
- While your oil heats, dice your potato.
- Chop and add the onions and saute until translucent.
- Add the sweet potatoes until browned.
- Add the spices, salt, and kale. Cook until kale is softened.
- Mix well and serve
Fast Vegan Collard Wrap – 2 servings
Red Bean Collard Wrap
White Bean Salad in Boston Bib Wrapper – 2 servings
California White Bean Wrap
- 2 Avocados
- 1 can White Beans rinsed and drained
- 4 Limes – just the juice
- 6 tsp Chopped Chives
- 1 tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 head Boston Bibb Lettuce
- Add everything besides lettuce to a large bowl and mix together.
- Serve on lettuce leaves to make a ‘wrap’.
French Lentil Soup and Go To Kale Salad
du puy Soup
- 2 cups De Puy
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 sweet onion diced
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 1 orange pepper chopped
- 1 yellow pepper chopped
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 2 organic carrots chopped (no need to peel)
- 32 oz vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme
- Pressure cook lentils for 10 minutes in enough water to cover
- Drain lentils.
- Heat olive oil and add onions, garlic, and ginger cooking until fragrant
- Add peppers and cook until soft, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add lentils.
- Mix with seasonings.
- Add vegetable broth and fresh herbs.
- Simmer for 40 minutes over medium heat.
Go To Kale Salad
- 3 C kale
- 1 green bell pepper
- 2 scallion
- 1 lemon juice
- Chop Kale or use pre washed.cut kale and place in large bowl
- Chop green bell pepper and add to bowl
- Cut in 2 green scallion
- Squeeze lemon juice of 1/2 lemon over salad
Red Bean Burger w/ Spicy Vegetables
Red Bean Burger
- 1 15 oz can of red kidney beans
- 1/4 tsp ginger diced
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp coconut butter
- 1/2 cup almond or tapioca flour
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Melt coconut butter in a medium saute pan and add sesame seeds.
- Stir over medium heat until butter is melted and seeds are fragrant (2-3 minutes).
- Add the can of kidney beans, increase heat to medium high, and cook until beans are soft. Use a pastry blender to mash beans into a paste consistency.
- Add ginger and sea salt.
- Remove from heat and roll into 8 small balls.
- Flatten and coat with almond or tapioca flour.
- Add coconut oil to still hot saute pan and pan sear burger for 1-2 minutes on each side until crispy.
- 2 C broccoli crowns or other green vegetables
- 1 tsp avocado oil
- 1-2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 inch ginger minced
- 1/2 inch garlic minced
- Heat oil.
- Add garlic and ginger to oil and cook until fragrant.
- Add vegetables and brown.
- Add red pepper flakes and saute until tender.
Sauteed Broccoli & Cashews and Sweet Potatoes
Sauteed Broccoli & Cashews
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp horseradish
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 frozen garlic squares or cloves minced if using cloves
- 1/8 cup coconut aminos
- 1/4 cup cashews crushed
- 20 heads chinese broccoli bok choy or yuk choy are nice alternatives
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes use less or more depending on how spicy you like your food
- Add apple cider vinegar to hot saute pan, and immediately add horseradish (ACV may slightly evaporate).
- Add avocado oil and garlic to pan.
- Once garlic becomes fragrant or golden brown on the edges, add coconut aminos and crushed cashews.
- Add in Chinese broccoli and cook until greens are tender (5-7 minutes).
- Season with red pepper flakes.
Grilled Sweet Potatoes
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp spice rub 2 parts paprika, 1 part thyme, 1 part black pepper, 1 part salt
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat
- Peel sweet potatoes (skip this step if you prefer the skins on)
- Slice sweet potatoes into 1/2" fries
- Coat the sweet potato fries in oil and then cover with spices
- Grill until you can easily poke into the fries with a fork (about 9-12 minutes), making sure to turn them a few times to brown all sides
Eat within 30 minutes of workout
- Pineapple 1/2 cup
- Watermelon 1/2 cup
- Banana 1/2
These are great anytime except right before a workout. If you are having night-time cravings stick to these
- 2 Tbsp Almond Butter limit 2x a day
- 1/2 Cup pistachio nuts limit 2x a day
- Apple – manage sugar cravings
- 1 cup berries- manage sugar cravings